Dark Quotes! Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that frightens us.
We ask ourselves ‘who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? Your are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
Enjoy our dark quotes collection by famous authors, poets and actors.
- Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness.
- I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses.
- A man must dream a long time in order to act with grandeur, and dreaming is nursed in darkness.
- Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark. Begin at the beginning. Tell Gregory a story. Make some light.
- I do not speak as I think, I do not think as I should, and so it all goes on in helpless darkness.
- The darkness has ink eyes, and if you stare long enough, you’re going to see it blink black. That’s the moment to start writing.
- Yet, no matter how deeply I go down into myself, my God is dark, and like a webbing made of a hundred roots that drink in silence
- Last night my shadow exploded into hundreds of fluttering black birds, foreshadowing my love taking flight under the cover of camouflage.
- Long is the way and hard, that out of Hell leads up to light.
- You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun
- I mean only that I hope they find darkness or paradise without fear of it, if they can.
- Darkness… When everything that you know and love… is taken from you so harshly… all you can think about is anger, hatred, and even revenge… and no one can save you.
- Times of great calamity and confusion have been productive for the greatest minds. The purest ore is produced from the hottest furnace. The brightest thunder-bolt is elicited from the darkest storm.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
- There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.
- We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
- Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.
- Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.
- Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
- Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires.
- If there be light, then there is darkness; if cold, heat; if height, depth; if solid, fluid; if hard, soft; if rough, smooth; if calm, tempest; if prosperity, adversity; if life, death.
- Fear can only grow in darkness. Once you face fear with light, you win.
- What strange places our lives can carry us to, what dark passages.
- I buried my head under the darkness of the pillow and pretended it was night. I couldn’t see the point of getting up. I had nothing to look forward to.
- No one but Night, with tears on her dark face, watches beside me in this windy place.
- Here then at long last is my darkness. No cry of light, no glimmer, not even the faintest shard of hope to break free across the hold.
- Into your darkest corner, you are safe in my love, you are protected. I am the openess you seek, I am your doorway. Come sit in the circular temple of my heart, & let yourself be calm.
- Accept your dark side, understanding it will help you to move with the light. Knowing both sides of our souls, helps us all to move forward in life and to understand that, perfection doesn’t exist.
- All I know is a door into the dark
- When darkness falls and eyes stay shut
A chain of voices opens up.
Let wax not wane give breath to death.
Hope you like these dark quotes.
Source : 30 Best Dark Quotes For You