TikTok supports native emojis on all platforms which can be inserted with the system-wide emoji keyboard. Some commonly used emojis in comments TikTok include:
- ✨ Sparkles: emphasis on a point. May be used as an alternative to italics.
- 🤡 Clown Face: describing someone selfish or unintelligent (eg 'that's 🤡 sh*t' or simply the clown emoji '🤡' commented on a video someone behaving in an idiotic manner)
- ✍️ Writing Hand: used to make humorous observation of learnings from video (eg 'always✍️keep✍️donuts✍️in✍️car'
- 🐶 Dog Face: per writing hand but used to mimic the voice of a dog talking or expressing its thoughts (eg 'why🐶bunny🐶not🐶going🐶to🐶park🐶yet🐶hmmmm?🐶'
- 🎂 Birthday Cake: an alternative to 🍑 Peach when referring to buttocks (eg 'nice 🎂')
- 💀 Skull: figurative 'I'm dead' (I found this very funny or emotional)
In addition to native emoji support, TikTok has its own emoji-like emoticon set which can be accessed by typing any emoji code listed on this page.
These custom emoticons in TikTok use text-replacement strings, whereby a shortname is inserted, wrapped in square brackets i.e.: [loveface] inserts a custom emoticon which looks similar to the 😍 Smiling Face With Heart-Eyes emoji.
When posting a comment on TikTok, each shortcode is replaced with a TikTok graphic. Type and of the following into a TikTok comment or caption, and it will be replaced by the custom emoji shown below.
Hidden TikTok Emojis
These 'secret' TikTok emoji codes work on both iOS and Android versions of the TikTok app.