What is love? What makes it so incredibly beautiful, yet so devastatingly painful? Is love a mysterious, unquantifiable force, or the predictable, measurable effects of complex chemical interactions in our brain? Is there a “formula” for capturing love, or is it merely a role of the dice? Do we each have one true soulmate, or are we drawn to those we love through circumstance and chance?
Perhaps the most well-regarded definition of love is that true love as we know it involves 3 major elements – intimacy, passion, and commitment. Is this true? That’s ultimately up to you to decide.
Here are some inspirational love quotes that delve into the only way love can be truly experienced – by loving and being loved.
Inspirational love quotes
- I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.
- Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be yourself.
- I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.
- Only time can heal your broken heart, just as only time can heal his broken arms and legs
- We love the things we love for what they are
- Better to have lost and loved than never to have loved at all
- It’s better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone
- The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.
- Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable
- Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it
- Two people in love, alone, isolated from the world, that’s beautiful
- Love is an emotion experienced by the many and enjoyed by the few
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage
- Love is blind. It will take over your mind. What you think is love, is truly not. You need to elevate your mind
- I like to believe that love is a reciprocal thing, that it can’t really be felt, truly, by on
- It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages
- The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends
- Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell
- This better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
- Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind
- The heart wants what it wants. There’s no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that’s that
- Love is absolute loyalty. People fade, looks fade, but loyalty never fades. You can depend so much on certain people; you can set your watch by them. And that’s love, even if it doesn’t seem very exciting.
- A book without words is like love without a kiss; it’s empty.
- Life is messy. Love is messier.
- Love is a promise; love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear
- Men are a luxury. Not a necessity
- Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart, and the senses
- Love is just a word, but you bring it definition.
- You don’t marry someone you can live with – you marry the person who you cannot live without
- Don’t forget I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.