A surgical approach was recently selected hospitals cataract surgery is using femtosecond laser technology. Instead of using ultrasound in phaco surgery, doctors will use laser energy from the high frequency at speeds of 10-15 seconds to make precise incisions, central location right in the front lens cover, and thanks to the destruction of human laser into small pieces and use less energy than ultrasound.
This method is becoming a new promise during cataract surgery to improve eyesight due to the better after surgery, patients recover faster, less bleeding complications and can control the situation astigmatism. Comes with the benefits that this method provides, patients may also spend a relatively high cost component, ranging from 300000-500000 USD (60-100 million). In Vietnam today, this approach is not common, but only applicable in some private hospitals have eye specialist.
Recovering from cataract surgery artificial
You can go home after a few hours, however you should note that:
– Adhere strictly to your doctor’s approval drops, as it will help your recovery process faster.
– You should wear eye protection to minimize the risk of infection.
– The next day, you should return to the clinic because this is the most important time for the doctor to detect early postoperative complications.
– In the first week after the new operation, you should avoid strenuous activities such as exercise or heavy work. Do not leave water in the eye during the first two weeks after surgery.
– Limit television, computer monitor, phone, reading …
One month after surgery most of the activity will return to normal and your vision will be better. But during this time, if the abnormal expression like pain in the eyes, red eyes, watery eyes … they need to be returned to the hospital visit.
Risks after cataract artificial and prevention
– Eye infections caused by surgical instruments unpasteurized or poor eye hygiene.
– Bleeding in the eye, usually by energy from high Phaco instruments injure the cornea.
– Swollen cornea.
– Bong cornea.
– Place the room rate.
– Reduced vision or loss of vision completely.
– Coating which follows is one of the common risk after cataract ranges from 6 months to 1 year. But this situation can be resolved by use of laser energy to break this opaque part.
If the patient’s visual acuity decline more severe you may need to replace a different intraocular lenses, but this is rarely specified due to high costs and the possibility of major risks. On the other hand, people who are suffering from other diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, uveitis … then the replacement of the crystalline lens is not optimal because it does not impact on the cause of the disease.
In these cases, finding solutions to contain biologically active substances from nature is capable of powerful antioxidants also bring more effective, helping to reduce blur, blur when cataracts, not made up disease progression should not require surgery.
READ MORE: cataract surgery