Over the years No Sweat Shakespeare users have asked us to translate many Romeo and Juliet Quotes into plain English. The list below links to the most popular Romeo and Juliet quotes and their modern English translation, whilst underneath those is a selection of other Romeo and Juliet quotes translated.
Romeo and Juliet Quotes
- My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.
- These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triump die, like fire and powder
Which, as they kiss, consume
- Don’t waste your love on somebody, who doesn’t value it.
- Women may fall when there’s no strength in men
- Parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say goodnight till it be morrow
- What’s in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet
- Good night, good night! parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow.
- For never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo.
- Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?
- Do not swear by the moon, for she changes constantly. then your love would also change.
- Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast.
- Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs
- My only love sprung from my only hate.
- A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
- How art thou out of breath when thou hast breath
To say to me that thou art out of breath?
- One fire burns out another’s burning,
One pain is lessen’d by another’s anguish.
- See how she leans her cheek upon her hand.
O, that I were a glove upon that hand
That I might touch that cheek!
- These violent delights have violent ends.
- Go wisely and slowly. Those who rush stumble and fall.
- You are a lover. Borrow Cupid’s wings
and soar with them above a common bound.
- Death, that hath suck’d the honey of thy breath hath had no power yet upon thy beauty.
- Out of her favour, where I am in love.
- Is love a tender thing? It is too rough, too rude, too boisterous, and it pricks like thorn.
- I must be gone and live, or stay and die.
- And where two raging fires meet together, they do consume the thing that feeds their fury.
- These sudden joys have sudden endings. They burn up in victory like fire and gunpowder.
- Care keeps his watch in every old man’s eye,
And where care lodges, sleep will never lie.
- Some grief shows much of love,
But much of grief shows still some want of wit.
- It is my soul that calls upon my name;
- It’s sad. Love looks like a nice thing, but it’s actually very rough when you experience it.
- The sweetest honey is loathsome in its own deliciousness. And in the taste destroys the appetite. Therefore, love moderately.
- Love goes toward love as schoolboys from their books,
But love from love, toward school with heavy looks.
- How silver-sweet sound lovers’ tongues by night,
like softest music to attending ears!
Source : Romeo and Juliet Quotes